Pages

Translate

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

A job in the making?

Last Saturday I was asked to volunteer at a financial advisor's banquet and I gladly accepted the invitation. This is for my father's friend that he works with and he a culinary artist to say the least. He caters, does floral designs, a costume designer, and graduated from Johnson and Wales culinary arts college in Providence, RI only 20 minutes away from where I used to live! It's a small world after all huh? It is so neat and he promised me a job when no one else would, that is why I attended his banquet as he is having trouble getting the money he needs to open up a new restaurant in our downtown area. He asked many close friends to the banquet whom were all financial advisors, it was so interesting to be apart of something like that. I loved the discussion that was going on between him and them, and now we are praying that they will partake in his amazing idea to open up a restaurant that provides the town and many surrounding areas with healthy, homemade fast food rather than the unhealthy fast food that's everywhere in our town. The food was absolutely delicious and watching him prepare it was fascinating as everything he did was a work of art.

 
Here are pictures of what he did for the banquet:
 
 My favorite was his healthy version of a pork loin soup, I made sure to have a bowl of that.
 
 
 The food was just, yum!
 
 
 Desserts in all their glory
 
 
 Those were cheesecakes and the basket contained macadamia white chocolate nut cookies 
 
 
 This cake was simple yet elegant in its own way, if only I liked chocolate...
 



No alcohol for me! He poured seven up in some of them but I prefer water. 

 I loved the appetizers and the salad!
 
 
The little pork loin appetizers were temptingly delicious

 

 The quiche he made was a meat lovers with a soft crust and it was yummy!
 
 This is a sample of a wedding cake that he designed and one lady has asked for it to be designed in gold, first customer!!
 
 
 Seashells nestled in a large vase of water, it reminds me of the ocean


Did you know that these flowers are actually fake? They look incredibly realistic!
 
 
The food was delicious and I refrained from going up for seconds or having desserts but it sure was hard!
 
Could I ask you all to pray for me? This is the only glimmer of hope I have received from anyone about a job and I would definitely appreciate if you all could pray for me, I sure could use them!
 
I love food, how about all of you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from all of you so there is no need to be shy!