Pages

Translate

Monday, January 20, 2014

It's beginning to feel a lot like winter!!

I didn't believe that North Carolina would ever get cold enough to actually bundle up in winter gear, but it actually does and the shock on my face said it all! It was so nice to be able to feel cold weather again, and then a cold rain settled upon the day making it all seem more like home. I am heart wrenchingly homesick for New England, the weather, the ocean, the four seasons, the snow, and even some of my friends that I had to leave behind so very long ago. This coming March marks a full year since we moved down here and I am longing to return home. The chilly winter weather only increases my somber feelings but I know that God has my family and I here for a reason so all I need to do now is trust in Him and allow his plan for our lives to prevail. Now only it felt like this around Christmas time, I believe that it would have felt a lot more like Christmas rather than unusually warm weather we had instead. But life is an experience, and I can say that it truly was one!
 Even though I am pining for home, I want to experience life down here because the North and the South are completely different from one another! Polar opposites in every way, it's been quite an interesting journey and I am glad that I was able to experience something that I probably never would have had I been given the choice. All I know is that I am a northern girl that's trying to make the best of the South haha! I am thankful though for the very cool temperatures that we have been experiencing these past few weeks, or as many are calling it, "The Polar Vortex!" I think that is very funny to say the least.



Candy for the gingerbread houses
 
 


Eden holding little candy balls as she called them
 
 
Faith picking a green spiral mint candy to place on her house
 

Not sure what Jacob was trying to do in this photo! But his face is so adorably funny!
 
My dad helping with the construction of the houses. These all turned out great except I never snapped a picture...oops!
 
Enjoying it all with a delicious hot mug of Irish Breakfast Tea, what else could be better?
 
 
 

Leaves frozen in time
 

Shadow Selfies
 
Sleeping peacefully all bundled up in layers of blankets and jackets. All you could see was his little eyes, I just love Brayden!
 
 
 I am so thankful for everything that I have, and for the cold winter weather! So how is the weather where you all are living? Has the Polar Vortex affected your area?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from all of you so there is no need to be shy!